At High Grade, we are dedicated to perfecting our cultivation, production, and extraction methods while staying consumer centered and product focused. We produce accessible flower, edibles, and extracts, ensuring environmental controls are set to optimal levels in a manner that produces only the cleanest, most potent, terpene rich Cannabis in all its forms.
The Accounting Assistant will assist daily in all Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Reconciliations activities that take place within the Accounting department. This position must possess strong administration skills, a proficiency with different systems softwares (HRIS and QuickBooks), Microsoft or G-Suite software, a high level of confidentiality, and excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills. The Accounting Assistant will report to the Accounting Manager and will act as the first point of contact for team members with Accounting, Payroll, or other finance related questions. The responsibilities of this position will include office work such as payroll administration and maintenance, timekeeping management, personnel record maintenance, document filing, and accompanying HRIS data-entry.
*The above overview describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be assigned by your manager or supervisor at any time.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to set and meet goals within structured timeframes
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- History of appropriate cash handling responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and the flexibility to adapt to change as needed
- Demonstrated history of successfully contributing to Human Resources project
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US and willing to submit to a background check/fingerprint clearance.
- May be required to lift, pull or push 50+ pounds in boxes, plants, tools, and various heavy equipment. Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be required
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous Accounting experience is strongly preferred
- History of accurate and efficient data entry
- Experience with project management and creating project timelines
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Passion for the product
High Grade is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. High Grade makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.