At High Grade, we are dedicated to perfecting our cultivation, production, and extraction methods while staying consumer centered and product focused. We produce accessible flower, edibles, and extracts, ensuring environmental controls are set to optimal levels in a manner that produces only the cleanest, most potent, terpene rich Cannabis in all its forms.
The Sr. Sales Manager embraces and represents the values and mission of High Grade; providing the best quality cannabis at an accessible price for our consumers. This role requires both strategic long-term planning and short-term execution through oversight of the teams reporting to them. As the Sr. Sales Manager you will create long-term goals for our team to achieve by collaborating with and leveraging industry insight to gain market share in a highly competitive and growing industry. The Sr. Sales Manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of product lines and market trends to ensure our team is equipped with the necessary tools to serve our clients. Balancing the sales directives with the marketing campaigns to ensure alignment of messaging and foresight to upcoming quarterly strategies. This role will report directly to the Site Director while providing any necessary information/presentations to the Senior Leaders (Directors and Ownership) to validate annual sales goals are being achieved.
*The above overview describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be assigned by your manager or supervisor at any time.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Development of a sales and marketing strategy; ensuring all advertising and promotional campaigns align with the Site Director and Sr. Leadership directives
- Collaboration with Site Director to establish pricing structures for various products
- Report and communication to Sr. Leadership trends and market analysis to ensure competitive
- Promote and sell High Grade products to achieve objectives as defined by the Leadership Team
- Create annual sales strategies with KPI measurements for sales team
- Collaborate, communicate and follow-up with direct reports on KPIs and action items. Coach, teach, train and performance manage employees to ensure successful outcomes
- Support, develop and maintain productive and effective relationships with key accounts
- Promote effective sales related practices and strategies as directed
- Regularly scheduled visits to both current and prospective clients
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to adapt to change as needed
- Oversight of the marketing, sales representatives, and the finished inventory teams
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including Senior Leadership
- Exceptional analytical skills for analyzing client data, market trends and client information
- Time management and multitasking skills required for maintaining relationships with different types of clients and customers
- Previous sales manager experience demonstrating positive YOY results
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products effectively through analytics and market trends
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; M.B.A. preferred
- Over 5+ years of experience in sales and marketing management with supervising a multifaceted team
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance to analyze and evaluate marketing programs and pricing strategies/policies
- Demonstrated creative ability to evaluate advertising and promotional programs.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US and willing to submit to a background check/fingerprint clearance
- Excellent oral and written skills to lead, develop and train sales and marketing staff
High Grade is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. High Grade makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.